Minor Feed-in Tariff (FIT) Reductions balanced by reduced Installation Prices
You may have heard that the FIT dropped on the 1st November from 16 p/kWh to 15.44 p/kWh (or correspondingly lower rates for larger systems).
But, since the PV module prices have also reduced, we could reduce the installation prices during the course of the last months. This means that you can still get approximately the same return on investment time as previously.
What's happening in the future with the FIT?
From 1st Feruary 2012 (subject to change) the Government's Feed-in-Tariff (FIT) offered for new solar installations will reduce by another 3.5%. The Government will continue to reduce the FIT by 3.5% every 3 months.
Wasn't the FIT already reduced?
The Government has already reduced the FIT numerous times and will continue to reduce it as the demand for Solar PV increases .
Low Cost Community-financed Solar PV for South Hams
Yokk Solar Ltd. in partnership with TRESOC is proud to offer commercial property owners with suitable solar potential a low cost Community-financed solar PV system.
This arrangement means significantly lower electricity bills for homeowners in South Hams, at little to property owners.
Here's how it would work:
- Commercial property owners call us to receive a free site survey.
- If the roof meets our Tier 1 criteria, the property will benefit from a low cost solar PV installation, giving significantly lower electricity bills and free maintenance for 20 years.
- If the roof meets our Tier 2 or 3 criteria, the property will receive a solar PV installation at a slightly higher rated contribution for the necessary surveys, set-up and legal cost, still providing you with significantly lower electricity bills and free maintenance for 20 years.
- Totnes-based Yokk Solar Ltd. would install the solar panels tailored to the specifics of the property.
- Commercial property owners benefit from the solar electricity generated by the PV system. Up to 100% of the units of electricity produced by the PV system might cut down your electricity bills.
- TRESOC, on behalf of its members, would purchase and own the PV system for 20 years and in return would receive the Feed-in-Tariff payments generated from the PV installation.
- TRESOC members would benefit through a return on their investment.
On top of the savings and your reduced carbon footprint: The financing and the income generated from the solar PV FIT comes from South Hams and remains in the South Hams community.
To find out more about how Yokk and TRESOC can arrange a no-obligation site survey, get in touch now on 01803 84 90 90
> Find out more about Yokk Solar Ltd
> Contact us for a FREE CONSULTATION
Why install solar PV?
The benefits of a solar PV system are very clear, even on dull cloudy days you will generate free electricity for use in your business. But there are even more reasons to consider low cost Community-financed solar PV in South Hams.
- Save more every year: Your savings will increase over time, because as energy prices rise you'll be partly self-sufficient.
- Increase your property's value: 35% of people in the Energy Saving Trust's 2009 survey said they would be willing to pay more for a home where some of their energy supply came from renewable resources.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Depending on your business, a solar PV system can save around 10% to 50% of your busines' carbon footprint per year.